Centrycs is a leading consultancy company that offers “made-to-measure” Advanced Analytics, Data Science and Business Intelligence solutions. The company is based in the EU and is functioning under flexible and transparent structure. This allows the team to scale on every customer’s request quickly and with a sense of a personal touch.
Currently we are seeking to expand our fast-growing Data Science team and we are looking for a Data Engineer (Junior to mid-level) to join us in Sofia.
- As a Data Engineer, you will provide engineering expertise to create and enhance data solutions enabling seamless delivery of data across our enterprise
- You will be on the cutting edge of integrating new technology and tools for data centric projects
- You will provide lead level technical consulting to peer data engineers during design and development of highly complex and critical data projects. Some of these projects will include designing and developing data ingestion and processing/transformation frameworks leveraging tools such as Python, Java, Scala, Spark APIs, etc.
- Develop data driven solutions utilizing current and next generation technologies to meet evolving business needs
- Ability to quickly identify an opportunity and recommend possible technical solutions
- Utilize multiple development languages/tools such as Python, SPARK, HBase, Hive, Java to build prototypes and evaluate results for effectiveness and feasibility
- Operationalize open source data-analytic tools for enterprise use
- Utilize tools available to you across Azure or AWS Services
- Provide subject matter expertise in the analysis, preparation of specifications and plans for the development of data processes
- Ensure proper data governance policies are followed by implementing or validating Data Lineage, Quality checks, classification, etc.
- Independently use own judgement and experience to identify data and data integration requirements and influence the detailed solution design
- Influence design to enable efficient operations including recommending automated QCs, metrics for data quality and data integration, and parameterized approaches to allow for future flexibility
- Provide thoughts leadership to complex data analysis, uses and explores data, languages, tools and software to best construct data for predictive modelling, test the model, and train data to deploy the models
- 2-3 years’ experience and/or relevant project / coursework
- Up-to-date specialized knowledge of data wrangling, manipulation and management of technologies
- Ability to manipulate voluminous data with different degree of structuring across disparate sources to build and communicate actionable insights for internal or external parties
- Possesses strong communication skills to portray information
- Ability to work in an agile environment with high quality deliverables
- Must have hands-on experience with the Azure or AWS ecosystem
- Working knowledge of SQL and Relational Databases
- Knowledge of at least one of the following languages: Python, Scala, R
- Opportunity to work, develop and grow in a very dynamic setting targeted at international expansion
- Friendly and casual work environment
- Continuous training and knowledge sharing environment
- Adequate payment and bonus related to performance
- Additional Health Insurance
- Company’s get- together and party events
- Office in Downtown Sofia
We are searching for candidates who enjoy working with people in a fast-paced, growing environment. If you are interested, believe you fit the requirements and share our core values: Enthusiasm, Competence and Integrity:
Please send us your CV to careers(at)centrycs.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.